- Program Overview
- Detailed Program
- Workshop Program
- EDBT Awards
- Guidelines for Presenters
- EDBT/ICDT/Workshop accepted papers
Follow us on Twitter & Facebook
Call for Workshop Proposals
The EDBT/ICDT series of conferences is an established and prestigious forum for the exchange of the latest research results in data management. Since 2009, EDBT and ICDT are held annually and jointly, following the successful SIGMOD/PODS model. Held in an attractive European location, the joint conference provides unique opportunities for database researchers, practitioners, developers, and users to explore new ideas, techniques and tools, and to exchange experiences.
We invite you to submit a proposal for a workshop to be co-located with the main joint EDBT/ICDT 2017 conference. The proposal should focus on a specific research topic within database and information systems. Workshops will run on March 21, 2017, and can last for half a day or a full day.
Submit your workshop proposal by email to the Workshop Co-chairs Yannis Ioannidis (yannis at di dot uoa dot gr) and Julia Stoyanovich (stoyanovich at drexel dot edu).
Your proposal should cover the following points:
- Workshop title
- Preferred length (1 day, 1/2 day)
- Names, affiliations, and e-mails of workshop PC chairs (with one of them indicated as the primary contact)
- Short bio of the organizers including previous experience in organizing workshops or conferences
- Tentative PC
- Main goals of the workshop
- List of the workshop topics
- Preliminary CFP
- How information about the workshop will be distributed
Organizers of accepted workshops are expected to assemble a program committee, announce and publicize the workshop and its call for papers, solicit submissions, conduct the reviewing process, and prepare the final workshop program.
- Workshop proposal submission: August 1, 2016
- Workshop proposal notification: August 12, 2016
- Workshop paper submission deadline: November 14, 2016
- Workshop paper notification: December 20, 2016
- Workshop paper camera-ready: January 15, 2017
- Workshops: March 21, 2017
All deadlines are at 11:59pm Hawaii Time. Workshop submission, notification and camera-ready deadlines are the same across several EDBT tracks, including short paper, demo, industry, workshops and tutorials. It is important to stick to these deadlines to streamline the logistics of registration and the publication of proceedings.
Workshops will benefit from the EDBT/ICDT 2017 organizational infrastructure and receive support regarding registration, badges, lunches, coffee breaks, and online publication of the workshop proceedings.
All workshop papers will be published online at CEUR (http://ceur-ws.org/). All papers should be formatted according to the ACM SIG Proceedings double-column template (http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates).
Special Workshop: Big Data Management in European Projects
EDBT/ICDT workshops will include a special workshop on Big Data Management Challenges and Solutions in the Context of European Projects. Submissions to this workshop are solicited at this Call for Contributions.
EDBT/ICDT 2017 Workshop Co-Chairs
Yannis Ioannidis, University of Athens & “Athena” Research Centre (GR)
Julia Stoyanovich, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA (USA)