- Program Overview
- Detailed Program
- Workshop Program
- EDBT Awards
- Guidelines for Presenters
- EDBT/ICDT/Workshop accepted papers
Follow us on Twitter & Facebook
EDBT 2017 Call for Demonstration Proposals
The International Conference on Extending Database Technology is a leading international forum for database researchers, practitioners, developers, and users to discuss cutting-edge ideas, and to exchange techniques, tools, and experiences related to data management. Data management is an essential enabling technology for scientific, engineering, business, and social communities. Data management technology is driven by the requirements of applications across many scientific and business communities, and runs on various technical platforms associated with the web, enterprises, clouds and mobile devices. The database community has a continuing tradition of contributing with models, algorithms and architectures, to the set of tools and applications enabling day-to-day functioning of our societies. Faced with the diverse challenges posed by today's data abundance, and by the advances in data-intensive applications, requirements for data management technology become more and more demanding, broadening their reach towards new hardware and software to achieve higher performance.
EDBT 2017 invites demonstration submissions relating to all aspects of data management defined broadly, and particularly encourages work on topics of emerging interest in the research and development communities.
Topics of interest
We welcome demos on topics including, but not limited to, the following:
- Availability, Reliability, and Scalability
- Tuning, Monitoring, Benchmarking and Performance Evaluation
- Big Data Storage, Processing and Transformation
- Data Curation, Annotation and Provenance
- Data Management in Clouds
- Complex Event Processing and Data Streams
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- Data Warehousing, Large-Scale Analytics, and ETL Tools
- Emerging Hardware and In-memory Database Architecture and Systems
- Heterogeneous Databases, Data Integration and Interoperability
- Middleware and Workflow Management
- Parallel, Distributed and Grid Data Management
- Personalization and Recommendation
- Privacy, Trust and Security in Databases
- Indexing, Query Processing and Optimization
- Semantic Web and Knowledge Management
- Sensor and Mobile Data Management
- Scientific and Statistical Databases
- Social Networks and Crowdsourcing
- Graph Databases
- Spatial, Temporal, and Geographic Databases
- Text Databases and Information Retrieval
- Semi-Structured and Linked Data Management
- Modeling, Mining and Querying User Generated Content
- Data Quality
- User Interfaces and Data Visualization
- Demo Paper submission deadline:
November 18, 2016, 11:59pm Hawaii Time
December 15, 2016
- Camera-ready deadline: January 15, 2017, 11:59pm Hawaii Time
All aspects of the submission and notification process will be handled electronically. All papers should be submitted in electronic format. The submission web site is: https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/EDBT2017/. Please observe the submission date. No late papers will be accepted. EDBT 2017 submissions are reviewed following the single blind review process, meaning, you need not hide authors names and affiliations.
The evaluation criteria includes both the novelty of the contribution and the audience experience. Thus, the submission should also describe in detail what attendees who view the demonstration session at the EDBT conference will experience. Priority will be given to contributions that have never been demonstrated before.
Submission Format Instructions
Demo papers must be formatted according to the conference camera-ready format using the ACM proceedings double-column format. They must be submitted as PDF documents. Demo papers (including bibliographic references) should not exceed 4 pages.
Templates to prepare your submission can be found on the ACM SIG Proceedings templates website. It is not permissible to change the template's font size, margins, inter-column spacing, or line spacing. Templates are available in Word and LaTeX (version 2e). For the LaTeX formats, you may use either the standard style or the SIG-alternate style.
The full text of the papers will appear in Open Access, on the OpenProceedings platform (http://openproceedings.org) based at University of Konstanz. This guarantees that the proceedings will be available online and free of charge, while the authors retain the copyrights over their work.